Skip to main content

AL.AN - The Origins (Prologue)



*Prologue*

It was a quiet night. Much like the ones before that night and much like the ones after that. But something was intent on shattering the silence of that night. Like a naughty kid left alone at home.
 The shadows of the night shone off a lonely figure walking across the empty streets, save for a warring pack of stray dogs, piss marking their territory, sniffing each other’s bottoms and trying to climb on top of each other and moving about like an out of control piston. The sounds of muffled footsteps made them flip their heads with perked up ears. The figure slithered through the night, the hemline of its light summer dress flirted with her knee length boots. She pulled the hood over her head and dug inside the pockets searching for something. The cold misty air from her button-like nose caused turbulence in the still air. The territorial pack responded reflexively to this intrusion of their privacy and space and got behind its leader to take the first course of action. They circled, growled and barked to intimidate, their eyes glowed with anger and intent.
Anita stopped for a moment to light up her cigarette, when she looked up, she saw the angry pack. She ignored them and continued walking. She didn’t feel like getting into trouble today. She just wanted to be left alone. By now it was a matter of pride and ego for the resident pack of dogs. They growled and barked louder, it was when they started clipping at her heels that she stopped again and surveyed the pack for its leader. There he was, his skin spotted like a Swiss cow, the hair on his back standing like a roman legion on a war path, his fluorescent eyes gauging his victim for any sign of fear or weakness. She saw the door ajar of a derelict building out of the corner of her eyes. She walked a few steps to the left, the dogs circled in closer, the air was terse with tension. They knew it was time to go for the kill. The barking menace crept higher and higher, along with their advancing paws. The leader of the pack, leapt forward, aiming for her throat.
One blink and you miss speed, she grabbed the leader by the fur on its neck, in a swift turn of a seasoned stunt bike rider pulling off a regular skid, she banged the door shut on the rest of the pack. Suddenly with no leader, the blood thirsty territorial pack kept pawing at the door wanting to be let into what they now considered to be a private party. But this was no party they wanted to be a part of. 
‘You really shouldn’t have’, Anita reprimanded the dog as she smirked in annoyance while holding the dog by its neck, suspending it in mid – air, like a harmless earthworm squirming to get free. The moonlight streaked through the broken and blacked-out windows of the building tagged ‘to-be-demolished’. It made her eyes seem even more evil than the eyeless skull sticking out in the graveyard. Like a powerful yogic master, she pushed the face of the dog between its front legs. Holding the legs together, she reached into her jacket pocket for her trusted switchblade. And in five swift and swish moves, she made the alpha dog of the pack turn into a cuddly soft toy, as she deftly cut away at the tendons joining the hind legs to its hips, the front legs to its torso and distending his ball-sac. She dropped his incapacitated blood spewing body down on the ground with contempt.
As the dog lay there withering and moaning in pain, Anita’s eyes changed color as the shiny pale moon light glistened against the dark, shiny, oily blood of the dog, which was quickly taking shape of a vile and wet death bed. She squatted next to the dog, marveling at the spurts of blood the arteries sprinkled.
‘‘Awww… are you in pain doggie?’’, Anita asked with concern underlining every single syllable uttered from her child like innocent voice. The dog continued to moan and convulse its body with pain.
‘STOP MOVING YOU STUPID DOGGIE AND ANSWER ME!’ Anita yelled, her shouts muffled by the punches she threw on the dog’s furrow browed face. The fury of punches finally stopped and so did the dog. Its skull broken in seven different places and its brain served as mashed potatoes on the hard concrete floor plate.
‘Doggie? Doggie?’, Anita questioned again like a little girl asking her mother about the whereabouts of her favorite doll.


ps: Would be nice if you actually take the time out and read the whole damn thing.
pps: Let me know what you lot thought about it. Hated it/Loathed it

Comments

glywen9 said…
It's mean :(
Why you kill doggy?

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...