Skip to main content

Who cares! It's a holiday anyway...


So I was casually talking to one of my friends and this is how I conversation went:

[You can hear me tell you that story OR you can read the approximate transcription of the story]

Listen!

THE TRANSCRIPT
 
Me: So you all dressed for Easter?
She: Maundy Thursday. Easter is on Sunday
Me: What does Maundy mean? Good Friday then?
She: It’s a day of mourning… so not really dressed per say... Will explain later
Me: Isn’t it the day when Jesus died? If yes, then why is it called good Friday? Damn Romans! Just because they invented the calendar…
She: Good Friday cos jesus died for mankind’s sins... Maundy Thursday = Holy Thursday... Last supper etc with his disciples was today
Me: I thought Maundy was like a slang for idiot… you know because I confuse the days of the week… And I seriously think that Good Friday is a joke which the Romans pulled on the rest of the junta
She: we get bread and buns in church… Tomorrow we fast for the whole day and pray and will eat tomorrow night
Me: Why? I am sure the Romans gave food to Jesus… the Geneva convention makes sure of things like this
She: No! Today was the day when he had his last meal… and THAT is why it is called the last supper you idiot…
I love it when people call me an idiot… I don’t know why but it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy… anyway…
She: When he was hung they gave him vinegar to drink?
Me: Why what happened to water? High maintenance or what?
She: They were torturing him you idiot…
Me: That’s cos he was calling him a king…
She: Yeah! And ceasar was king back then… so to torture him they gave him vinegar…
Me: Caesar wasn’t king back then… He had that thing with Cleopatra
She: Then it must be king herod…
Me: Sounds like a bird… or is it a fish…
She: No! I think it was Caesar… don’t confuse me now… plus I am church so fuck off now… will talk to you later… 

Or you can download this story HERE!


ps: I recorded this yesterday. But I am pretending that I recorded it today. Which will explain the dorky pauses. 

pps: BUT I posted it today. So it is all confusing now.

ppps: Welcome to me world!

Comments

Futur said…
The title, the content and the final lines makes no sense together. But forgetting all these and reading just the content interested me a lot.. Good one..

ps, pps, ppps stuff -> shall be avoided. you must be intoxicated.
Zennmaster said…
@Futur =| That's all the response I could come up with to be honest.

ps: I am sober

pps: I was not intoxicated when I wrote this

ppps: I will now go and get intoxicated

pppps: Thanks for stopping by though.
glywen9 said…
I thought the actual conversation was here. Bum.

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...