Skip to main content

Long overdue update!

Allo,

I am not even going to bother to find out how long it has been since I last visited this place. But, it did seem that there was a long overdue update pending. So, here it is...

If you haven't been following me on twitter, then let me quickly fill you in that I have quit my last job. The job was quite fancy, supposed to be related with "Innovation", supposed to be the latest buzzword and sorts. But, just like my engineering degree, the awesomeness of it was largely limited to movies and pretty much on the surface. The nitty gritty of it all, having to report to an office and do desk work eroded my libido like vaginal dentae. Not cool! Even if the vagina involved is that of a transmorgifacting Mallika Sherawat.

Anyway, been traveling far more than George Clooney in "Up in the Air" and I reckon I must have surpassed the surrealism of "Up". And added to all this is the happy news of Kurian finally tying the knot with Becky which reaffirms my faith in the whole concept of "And they stayed happily ever after." Quite looking forward to getting piss drunk with him as part of his non - existent and very hush - hush stag do which will involve just him and me, preferably with our pants on and pond full of liquor.

I am currently in Jaipur, in this rather plush hotel which I am rather worried about. Mostly involving about clearing the massive bill I seem to have ordered myself into.

Also managed to put myself through the rather harrowing experience of watching "Up in the air", "Love story" (1970), "500 days of summer" and "Say anything". I have no idea why I did do that to myself but I did.

Cities I have been showing my ugly mug faced bottom till have been a pleasant surprise. Among them both Jamshedpur and Pune top the list. Jaipur has always been a favorite of mine. Feel in love with the pink city the first time I landed here. And even though it is called pink city it is not really pink OR gay OR maybe I have just been visiting all the right places or the wrong depending on which side of the fence you swing by.

On a personal life basis, its all very topsy turvy at the moment. Nothing major or magnificent to report to. Been wracked with memories of the past. Which I reckon is normal behavior given my disliking and my penchant to fuck myself over upside down when am alone with my thoughts.

I leave Jaipur tomorrow for Bangalore and then from there I leave for Chennai before coming back to Bangalore. And then back to Chennai and probably to my favorite city in the whole wide world. But, given the conversation I am having at the moment, it doesn't look likely.

I would however like you lot to hear Tom Wait's Martha. Very emo. Very me.

Cheers.

Comments

Pallav said…
Hey Z man.

Hang in there dude and leave the memories, replace them with something new :)

Rock on!
Zennmaster said…
Thanks dude... Cheers to you too... :)
glywen9 said…
I still hate that Love Story shit. Bore. I love you though =)
TSO said…
Up in the Air was awesome. It was pointless, and the girl was a bitch. Hence, awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...