Skip to main content

Seperate Ways...

Is the song I am listening to on repeat currently by Teddy Thomson, seems kind of apt at the moment given the situation that I have just washed my hands off a cool 80k. Easy come and easy go is what I say. You guys should must give this Teddy dude a try, the guitar and the vocals are a painful all puns intended (even the ones which I probably din’t think about). Anyway, so I figured before I immerse myself like a nerd on Prozac for the upcoming exams a movie marathon should do the trick to put me in the mood.
Q. What movies did I watch?
A. Hmm, let me see
1. Gulal – and about time too I should say, and I have to tell that I love Anurag’s stories and storytelling because they are and told in a manner which is similar to mine. The movie is heavy and needs to have a set mood before you watch it, try reading about it before you go watch it.
2. Watchmen – One of those movies which I thought would be pop-corn faring box office busting movies, well it is, but this is way better than I imagined it. If you have read the comics then don’t watch it cos you ll find the pace of the movie to be bit slack but if you haven’t then welcome to the world of watchmen where Superheroes have sex. Enough said.
3. Straight – Now this is a time pass movie, one of those which you watch because you really have nothing better to do (studying for exams does not count)
4. Nick and Norah’s infinite playlist – decent chick flick. Nice soundtrack as the name suggests but worse then straight. Watch this only when you have finished watching straight and you still don’t have anything to do, and I mean absolutely nothing not even having watching straight on your list.
5. Yes Man – yeah, it was a decent time pass movie, nothing to really rave and rant about. Bit on the lines of Bruce Almighty and Liar Liar.
6. My Best Friend’s Girl – This is another ok movie, something on the lines of hitch but awesome sound track for the movie though.
7. Valkyrie - something like Mangal pandey, just that you don’t feel that when Tom Cruise gets court marshaled he died for nothing like how Aamir Khan does in Mangal Pandey.
8. Chariots of Fire – Just wanted to watch something underdog-ish feel good movie.
9. Field of Dreams – Fuckall movie, I have no idea why it gets referenced in so many guy movies. I mean Rocky beats this sports movie hollow like one of those beef ribs Rocky punches the shit out of.

Apart from all the movies, I got myself one of those toy guns which shoots pellets and pretended to be 007 on her Majesty’s secret service whilst playing NoHoldem Texas Poker at the casino royale lobby (courtesy Facebook) trying to relive the magic of Casino Royale all over again. Oh did I mention that I also had the by far the most ugliest breakups ever in recent history. It was so ugly that my weight on the weighing machine looks like a pretty figure. Talking about weight and shit, I think I tore my rotor cuff muscle and it hurts like a bitch so squash is going to take a break for 2 weeks till I get past the 2 completely unknown subjects for which I need to writing exams for. The hand in the sling does make it look all cool and stuff, but typing with one finger really is a hard task.

The good news is that I would be going to Mumbai for a good 4-5 days at the end of the month. Oh and by the way just a reminder if the woman says that she will pop a pill the next day don believe her. Just trust me on that one. Replied to my dad’s mail, its kind of difficult for me to comprehend the fact that I manage to crack a smile when I find dad’s emails in my inbox. Maybe I hate to admit it but maybe just maybe I am little girl in ringlets waiting for her dad’s approval and shit. Fuck knows…

This is probably the worst preparation for exams I have done in a really long time. And I have no idea why, maybe because the subjects are a fucking drag. I think that the subjects are as appealing as getting blown by some grandmotherly woman without her false set of teeth. Yeah, I know I am rambling, you know what I really need is a good movie with an awesome character in it, just so that I can escape this drudgery for the next 2 weeks. I really am not looking forward to hitting those books trust me. But I have to, about time too… or maybe I just need to get laid. :P

Comments

You want a good movie with a strong character(s) in it ??

Infernal Affairs
(The original from which The departed was copied. It is bloody awesome. Trust me)

The equation of love and death
(You will fall at the feet of the lead actress in this one. )
Anandi Gandhi said…
Its cause you didnt ask the coolest person on earth (me) to make ur timetable for you...

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...