Skip to main content

Slumdog Millionaire

Just finished watching the movie, and I am compelled to write this. I have no idea why, but never has the theme music of KBC been so uplifting. Danny Boyle after 'Full Monty' does it again, I mean Slumdog Millionaire was probably the 2nd movie this year which got the reviews which probably made me doubt its brilliance just like 'The Dark Knight', but both the movies stand up to all the things which are written about it and the things which are not said about the movie.

Personally I loved the youngest version of Jamal, there was this certain sense of innocence in the guy's eyes which speak volumes, and throughout the first half I was expecting them to grow up to their present age, can't really help it when you have been born and brought up on Hindi masala movies. Though personally I feel there is something very irritating about Frieda Pinto / Latika, the female protagonist, same goes for the second young Jamal and Salim till the very end just wants to get his shit kicked out of him by you. Though I was honestly surprised on finding M.I.A's paper planes being part of the OST considering the fact that it is an A.R Rahman's project, but what the hell…

The movie is Lagaan meets KBC meets Breakaway. Never has a movie so dark and depressing been such a feel good movie. And the whole movie I kept thinking how Dev Patel actually reminds me of Vishnu, I am not sure why exactly maybe because of his diction or body language or because I knew exactly where he would have jumped up and down and wet himself like a year old in pig-tails whose name almost sounds alike to Parvathy Omnakuttam (or however the fuck you call/spell her name). But fuck, the movie is depressing as hell but the KBC score in the end lifts your spirits so high which I am sure is not because of the bottle of cognac I just finished. Anil Kapoor is this grey character you can't really put your finger on and say this is who he was in the movie.

The movie is worth watching not just because of its depressing-dark-bringing-tears-to-my-eyes-joy but also for the last montage in rewind.

Comments

I am not sure why exactly maybe because of his diction or body language or because I knew exactly where he would have jumped up and down and wet himself like a year old in pig-tails


Computer Ji, answer ;(c)Because I knew....' lock kiya jaye!

********SPOILER ALERT***********

Dude I nearly fainted in awe of Boyle's brilliance when the screen fades to black and "It is writen" is left on the screen. Oh. . . . YEAH!

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...