Skip to main content

Quantum of Solace

No matter what people think about the new bond, I love him. I love him for being the brute headed goon he usually comes across as. There is certain stubbornness, there is a certain sense of charisma, and there is something of James Bond in him.

As I walked out of the movie theatre today evening, after having seen probably the best Bond girl after Vesper Lynd, I mean this has to be a first of sorts for Quantum of Solace, Bond does not say his famed 'Bond, James Bond' line, neither does he get laid with the woman at the end. This Bond, ladies and gentlemen is the real Bond, like it or not, he is definitely here to stay. And what fucking direction, fucking absolutely fabulous, right when the title song comes in, the usual Bond style with women and the backdrop of the climax, this one was just plain, pure awesomeness. The chases and the fights with the dulling of the music in the background and the metaphorical cuts to parallel action was just pure brilliance. This movie in isolation won't do you good, this movie along with Casino Royale is pure brilliance. You finally have answers to why Bond is the way he is with women. You finally realize that underneath all the cold bastardness, there does lie a heart, though a big surprise is Bond's relationship with M in this movie, it is fucking awesome. Unlike Casino Royale where you are left with questions, this one ties up all ends. It's like reading a two part play, don't fucking do the mistake of judging this movie in isolation. This movie deserves so much better! You know the joke actually is that, even though you are supposed to understand the evolution of Bond from these series starring Daniel Craig, the Bond girls are so much more smarter and have such brilliant stories of their own and meaty parts written for them. It is like their roles are almost comparable to Bond's, not the character.


 

This movie deserves at least 3 viewings for the direction alone, and about a million more for the story. Pure brilliance! Can't wait for Bond 23…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...