Skip to main content

Dev D is doing Emosonal Atyachar for real!

So while I was busy saving the world, chatted up with Paresh who had to, I mean he really had a choice at not sharing the information which would not break the dam in my not so peaceful afternoon at office, but he had to. And so he did, and gave me the most heart breaking news one can receive on a Monday afternoon. That of an awaited movie being shelved, which means that the strains of ‘ek, do teen, char, cheeeee!’ will not see the light of day, and I would be till the end of my superhero life be stuck with a trailer of the movie lasting all of 2 minutes and 25 seconds, which after 38 repeats kind of loses its charm only to be put back on the loop for a million times in another 20 minutes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are feeling the emosonal atyachar just like me, please go on and tell Paresh to pull strings, talk with his once upon a time Neighbor and get the film rolling, I mean dint you guys see Lucky Singh in Lage Raho Munna Bhai. In the meantime, have I told you how awesome the song Superchor is, I now rechristen myself from superman to SuperChor. Been trying to get hold of the lyrics for quite some time now, but off-late the results of that search are in line with the new pattern emerging in my life checkered life (get it, pattern, checks, turning quite the wordsmith aren’t I…If only Shakespeare was not gay and was instead a Hot smoldering beauty with a brains, I would have requested my grave to be next to hers), the new pattern is that whatever I have been searching for with full on interest, I just don’t get it, maybe Om Shanti Om needs another screening or something. I mean I did not find the lyrics for Superchor, I could not download the song of Dev D, I could not find the lyrics for Dev D, Dev D is going to be shelved.

Yes, I am a Superchor of very modest nature! BTW before you do the blasphemy and say who is this SuperChor, take a look at the video below. (The song is of the title track, download the superchor, transcribe the lyrics for me and mail it across will you, why? Because Old Monk is talking, talking, Johnny Walker is walking, walking)



Last but not the least, my tribute to the genius of Dev D.

A glowing tribute to the music in the genius words of Dev D himself – (In Hindi and English)

Ek, Do, Teen, Char, Cheeeeee (you have to really stretch this one)
Yeh dil piglake shaadi baneke,
dadkhan ko abad bana loon,
smoking smoking nikle re dua,
seene mein hai jalti hai armaanon ki arthi,
arey why to tell you darling kya hua,
Tauba tera jalwa, tauba tera pyaar,
tauba tera emosonal atyachar,
[Full on wedding band baja]
arey tera emosonal atyachar,
Haan dhoka hai yeh dhoka,
Dhoka tera pyaar,
[Full on Rock Music]
tera emosonal Atyachar

Now, English translation for the illiterate ones,

1, 2, 3, 4, 6 ( you have to stretch on the ‘ix’ bit of 6)
Melting this heart, getting married,
Heartbeat may I populate,
Smoking, smoking comes smoke,
In chest burning desires pyre,
Oh! What to tell you Darling what happened,
Repent your charisma, repent your love,
Repent your Emosonal Torture (There is just no replacement for Emosonal)
[FULL ON WEDDING BAND Orchestra]
Yes Betrayal this is betrayal,
[FULL ON ROCK MUSIC]
Betrayal your love, your emosonal torture.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The efforts wont go unappreciated..This movie is gonna release in smwat like 2nd r 3rd week f jan..If d producers dnt chicken out fearing a clash wd chandni chowk 2 china!!
But 1 thng boss, i converted d video to an mp3 file n mst hv heard it like bout more thn 100 times..
Cheers to Anurag Kashyap,
:Regards,Varun
Zennmaster said…
=) I knew I was not the only person having eclectic tastes... :P
sorry for pointing it out but you got the lyrics wrong. the first two lines are:
yeh dil pighla ke saaz bana lu
(melt this heart, make it a musical instrument)
dhadkan ko aawaaz bana lu
(make my heartbeat my voice)
Anonymous said…
Emotional Attyachar is pure magic!
John Green said…
That is the best ATTYACHAR anybody has ever done with me : TRANSLATING 'EM LYRICS IN ENGILISH.


Anyway the video is available on youtube as of now!!
John Green said…
Here are the correct Hindi Lyrics

ek do teen char heeeyyy
Yeh dil pighla ke saaz bana loon,
Dhadkan ko awaaz bana loon,
Smoking Smoking nikle re dhuaan.
Seene,
mein jalti hai
armanon ki arthi,
Arrey what to tell you darling kya hua.
Arrey sapne dekhe jannat ke,
par mitti mein mil jayen,
phooken re ghar baar ki duniya
ko bole good-bye

Chad jaye
hai Allah,
jisko bhi yeh bukhaar

Tauba Tera Jalwa, Tauba tera pyar,
Tera emosanal atyachaar!
Tauba Tera Jalwa, Tauba tera pyar,
Tera emosanal atyachaar!

Jao Jao oh dilbar,
oh dilbar ohh!!
Tauba Tera Jalwa, Tauba tera pyar,
Tera emosanal Atyachaar!

Ho gai dil ke paar tragedytragedy,
lut gai re bahaar, gul sukh sukh murjhae,-2

Bol Bol why did you ditch me,
Zindagi bhi lele yaar kill me,
Bol Bol why did you ditch me whore.
Bol Bol why did you ditch me,
Zindagi bhi lele yaar kill me,
Jao pia jao pia jao pia…

Tauba Tera Jalwa, Tauba tera pyar,
Tera Emosanal atyachaar! -2

Bharpa jo ek shor hai,Pukhta hai purzorr hai,
Agg rag jalte iske sarmaye…
Kal mera bebaaak tha,
Aaj magar kamzor hai
Khud se ankhein hi na mil payein.

Aankhon ke aage jo hai,
manzar lava barsaye…
Jalta hai dil jalta hai…
Til til main jalta hoo…
Is lamhe ki haqeeqat..
Gawaara na kar paaye…
Jalta hai dil…
Til til main jalta hoon…
Hat ja re hat jaa,
pare hat ja re nazron se,
pare Hat ja re hat jaa re,
pare hat jaa re..
arrey jaa re…
Mere labhs ke haar jaise,
hain yaadon mein chubte jaise..
Aasoon mere behte rehte..
Khoon ke…khoon ke…(twice)
Ankhon ka hai dhokha,
Aisa tera pyaar
Tera emosanal atyachaar!!!
Ankhon ka hai dhokha,
Aisa tera pyaar
Tera emosanal atyachaar!!!

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...