Skip to main content

In My Arrogant Opinion

I had gone to my colleagues place for lunch. After lunch, I stepped outside the office, to have my smoke because too many people within a 100 yards distance, and a heavy lunch involuntarily makes me reach for a smoke, and it was time for us to leave the place and get back to office anyway. My boss steps out and makes a comment saying “Atleast not here, why don’t you control” or some shit to that effect, and this fucking pissed me off to no fucking lengths. I mean true he makes all these comments all the time, which are more or less to be brushed aside and not given much due thought on. But fucking when somebody fucking tells me what to do, when to do, and how to do… I fucking will take a bat to their heads. To me its like a middle finger raised to my intelligence, and am touchy about that as well.

Here is the deal, I smoke and I drink. More than what is normally advisable or socially accepted. But I really don’t give a fucking hoot. It is my way of coping with shit in my life. Am not asking anybody what to do, how to do or when to do… when I do ask tell me… till then shut the fuck up for god, the world and for your own fucking sake. Because I can get fucking caustic and I my pride is definitely more important than fucking anything else. Am not going to bite your head off if you are going to gimme gyan on how smoking is bad for health and shit then I will be all fine, I will even listen to you if am in a good mood. But don’t you fucking tell me when, how or where… You are fucking signing your death warrant. That’s the fucking shit you should not dream about in your wildest dreams.

Me: "I'm an addict."
You: "Uh, okay."
Me: "I'm not stopping."
You: "There are programs. You could get on a different pain management regimen."
Me: "I don't need to stop."
You: "You just said."
Me: "I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem. I pay my bills, I make my meals. I function."
You: "Is that all you want? You have no relationships."
Me: "I don't want any relationships."
You: "You alienate people."
Me: "I've been alienating people since I was three."
You: "Oh, come on! Drop it! You don't think you've changed in the last few years?"
Me: "Well, of, of course I have. I've, I've gotten older. My hair's gotten thinner. Sometimes I'm bored, sometimes I'm lonely, sometimes I wonder what it all means."
You: "No, I was there! You are not just a regular guy who's getting older, you've changed! You're miserable, and you're afraid to face yourself."
Me: "Of course I've changed!"
You: "And everything's the messed up relationships? Nothing's the cigarettes and booze? They haven't done a thing to you?"
Me: "They let me do my job, and they take away my pain."
You: "Do what you want"
Me: "I fucking will... thank you for asking"

Comments

Anonymous said…
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7252165.stm

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...