Skip to main content

Orkut...

I have been told that there does exist a funny bone in my body, and it lies below my belt. Anyway for all the people who seriously don find any work to do, or generally don treat work as god ( fine, i agree not everybody can be me, but still... =p ) . There was a time when we guys used to write essays about " Television being a boon or a bane ". Am sure the next generation, ( I wonder which generation I belong to though ) will be writing " Orkut: boon or bane? " .

No I mean seriously, its an addiction, I wanna be flooded with scraps, which do not feature here:

" hi... ssup? "
" wat you doing da? hows life?"
"long time no see "

Though unlike women who don't wanna see a scrap saying " can I have phrandsheep with you? " or " nice pic, can v be frnds? ". I would love to see something like that from a women. Let me make it clear I have mentioned women, as in the female species and do not want fags to be scrapping me.

But i don't believe the majority of the people down in orkut get the funda of scraps and scrapping. Am sure back in school or even in college, there was the funda of "passing chits". Where funny liners about the sweat spots under the lecturers arms used to induce you to run a laughter track in your head and provoke you to think something more funny than what you have just read. And this was even more funny when you are forbidden to make any sounds, leave alone laughter. ( makes me wonder, when you have pin drop silence, how loud will a fart sound, and how many lives will be lost due to the sound effects alone).

I mean when you have a noisy classroom, you can always let go a stealth bomb, which is detected only by somebodies sharp nose, which picks up the smell way before than somebody else, and that person usually gets the blame because people figure that the person who points the finger first has something to hide. But imagine, if you have a classroom as silent as a bunch of students practicing the ideas of Satyvadi HarishChandra in an examination hall, and one of them lets go of a loud one. That would be fun... =)

Anyway coming back to scraps, they follow the same funda as that of passing chits. But the only thing which orkut forgot to add in was that of privacy, irrespective of whether you know me or not, you can always read my scraps and be in the loop of what somebody and me spoke about. Not that you will get to see what the other person spoke, cause I delete all my scraps. That's another way to kill time, deleting scraps and keeping your scrap book neat and tidy.

I think they should implement privacy, as in the person who is passing the chits has the option of reading whats in it or simply pass it along if the sender doesn't want you to read it. So what am saying is, let the option be there that only mutual friends between 2 people may get to read the scraps, and the that too the sender has an option for certain scraps to be read only for the intended person.

I understand that a lot of people derive pleasure from playing peep-tom. I don't understand the concept of role-playing though. ( somebody, preferably a women who loves role-playing get in touch with me to help me understand the nuances of role-playing ;) ) . And you might even say that if you want privacy you have e-mails and you can send messages via-orkut itself. But like I said, whatever floats your boat sweetie. Am just saying. Those were my $.02.

Comments

Gayatri Bhadran said…
Hmm.. :) True.. Orkut IS an addiction.. but it's also a very good boredom buster..

I love the way u deviate from the said topic.. "orkut" and moved on to farting and chit passing.. :p

And as for the privacy thing on orkut.. yes ABSOLUTELY..! they SHOULD implement it.. :)

They should give us users the option of selecting a few scraps and making sure that 'certain people' dont read it.. And 'certain others' can.. [because sometimes you want some people to see what u're talking about.. ;) ]

And hey i LOVE making online friends.. so scrap me sometime.. :p just dont say 'can i do fraainship with u'
Zennmaster said…
well if orkut does implement that then i better get paid for it.
Orkut may not have it, but I believe facebook does, as you undoubtedly will discover in the days to come!
Zennmaster said…
actually i did... and was thinking the same thing... groovy i say... =P

but still i donno think it will take me sometime to get used to the interfqce down at facebook...

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...