Skip to main content

Army???

Off-late thats been like a weeks time, I have been seriously been giving thought, of joining the army, I mean its a totally different issue that this phase of me seriously joining the army comes in when I (a) Don't have many options in front of me (b) there are jus way too many options i need to do a pros and cons for.

Dad was in the army, and I more or less loved the army lifestyle, it is one which has got no parallels in the civil life. You name it and the army def has it. But that is not one of the concerns which is actually stopping me from joining the army. I mean I know that I can take the physical rigors, all the stays in military hospital and hearing the cadets talk about the ass whooping the got from the subedar major, or the senior, who doesn't like you. And am definitely not afraid of fighting in wars I think they are cool. You are forgetting am still a boy who loves to play with toys, ( ok shut up you perverts).

But what does concern me is the fact that, will I turn into my father? Will I become the alcoholic, abusive father who is not present in any of the things a father usually takes part in. But at the same time, my entire concept of a happy family and me being the picture doesn't exist anymore. Maybe army maybe the happy life I was and still searching for. The family which sticks by me irrespective of come what may, irrespective of who says what.

Somebody was telling me that I would make a good army officer, i got the swearing part all worked out, trust me army men are the most creative abusers you will ever come to know. Followed by the people in Delhi. =)

Well, you know what? Fuck it all. I am joining the army, screw the money, they screw the happy married life, I wanna do something which I always dreamed about... Wearing the uniform, with the shining stars gleaming from my shoulders. But am I really gonna let go of the money, the possible fame and fortune which wait for me in the civil life?

Well I do have time till am 25, till then I am buying some time, figuring out if I wanna fight some boardroom battles or do I wanna fight battles where its just not a verbal duel but with some nice pretty toys which make a racket when i pull the trigger. Though am pretty sure dad is gonna be mighty pissed if and when he comes to hear about this.

Comments

Reshmi Iyer said…
two-minded gemini speak...

anyways... from what uve put up here, there's small chance of u becoming like ur father ...guesss u always were..and wil remain his anti-thesis...

:)
Zennmaster said…
like you said there is a chance... small but it does exist... anyway... i got time to answer this Q...
The army will need you to do things you will never condone, if there ever is a war - and you will have to do those things for your country, as distasteful and inhuman as they may be.
If you sign up, make sure you do it for your country, not for yourself.
(Yes, I would know, I once went out with an army brat who thinks the best present I gave her was an encyclopedia on army rifles :P)
Zennmaster said…
don like encyclopedias but i sure do love guns... lots of guns... =p
Anonymous said…
Fuck Z. We have to talk. X
Zennmaster said…
relax X... knowing me its jus one of those passing phases where soon i get tired of wearing the same boxers and seeing the same women...

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...