Skip to main content

10 Signs am Growing Old...

True am not that conventionally old, but I think old age is setting in, how am i saying such an absurd thing, well for starters:

1. I don't feel like getting up in the morning and playing basketball like the way i used in school and college. Back in the day, used to wake up at 3 and play basketball till 8 in the morning and then again go playing in the evening from 4 till whenever the sun allowed us to play. Now, I wince from the very thought of dragging my sorry ass ( tummy ) from one end of the court to another. I no longer consider sweat dripping down my face as something cool, it only irritates me further on cause it makes me get in touch with water when i have to wash my face, even worse take bath... yuck!.

2. I can no longer eat and drink from roadside stalls, my immune system is beginning to fail me, I was lead to believe that my immune system has been conditioned by the many years spent studying Kendriya Vidyalaya ( one of the finest educational institutions this country has to offer, and also one of the well kept secrets, if you haven had education in this school you have missed out on the best experience in life ). I was lead to believe that I could survive by drinking any water and eating anything, not anymore, old age is catching onto me and its catchin on pretty fast.

3. I look old. What better sign than that. The wrinkles are beginning to stare at me from the mirror when i wash my face ( one of the hardest things I do everyday ) showing the tensions I have in life and stress I undergo every single time I need to go anywhere near a water body to cleanse my body.

4. I don't lose my temper ( as often as I used to). I believe this is a sign of maturity in other words am growing old.

5. The kids I used to play cricket with when they were in the 7th std and 8th std are now gonna pass out from school and colleges, nothing makes you feel more old than watching somebody younger to you pass through the same motions of life.

6. Am surrounded by grandfathers and grandmothers. I mean all my friends are turning 24 and 25 this year. Jesus that's like 50 years old in a teenagers time-line. And I can no longer survive with no food all day long, I feel weak and faint.

7. I can no longer go around saying 18 till I die without being sniggered at. Now don go sniggering around and making this old man feel more old

8. This entire excersise has made me feel more old than ever.

9. I need a shoulder to cry on now. Cause I am not young and strong enough to handle life's taunts on my own. Think am like Rocky in Rocky Balboa, fucking old sonofagun who thinks he can still kick some ass.

10. This is the first time am actually dredding all my friends and my bday, because them growing old is equilant to me growing old. I don like this one bit I tell you.

Comments

Reshmi Iyer said…
tch tch! and to think ur only 21! :P

and i agree! KV food does help build immunity! :)

and u played bball?! how come i never saw u in the court, back in coll?
Zennmaster said…
i never knew somebody always had their eyes planted on all the things i did back in college...
Reshmi Iyer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reshmi Iyer said…
:P well... if i did have my eyes PLANTED... i dint do a good job, did i... :D

bt.. yep! i got my eyes on this book of urs! :D

Popular posts from this blog

FAQs

I have no idea why, not that I am complaining but there is huge surge in the number of people who are now reading my blog. And this has been bought (or is it brought, will never really get the difference between the two) to my attention by the slew of comments, by different people, a majority of them complete strangers. And I always have the same old standard questions which keep cropping every single time whenever I see an anon comment. So just like every other great idea of mine, which seem to glow like those bulbs which I first saw in Archie comics (mostly around Dilton's head, guess that is his name, the nerdy guy, don't really remember it so well, read that when I was in 4 th grade or something, my favorite was Moose), and the idea stuck that why don't I get these questions out of my system, whether they get answered or not is totally different issue. Though I understand that the reason why people chose to be anonymous is either they are famous and want common mortals...

Open Letter to the Chennai Male Engineering Students

Hello you-male-incumbent-potential-future-ignorant-regressive-khap-policy-makers, Before I begin, let me first clarify as to why I intend this letter to be both open and specific to Chennai Male Engineering college students. It is open because you lot are, as they say in English, idiots! I am also slightly inebriated at the moment, as they say in Tamil, I am in full mabbu. The only reason, I am making this post specific to Chennai Male Engineering students, because unfortunately I did my engineering in the city of Chennai. This maybe largely generalized in content and scathingly rhetoric in nature. I don’t expect you to comprehend most of things I embark on saying. Consider this to be a very Aamir Khan starring Mangal Pandey where a lone warrior foolishly wages war when the rest of his unit is smart enough to CYA* (Cover Your Ass). I am well aware of this survival instinct which is prevalent in you lot, I have been at the receiving end of it on many an occasion with my own batch...

Awesomeness Inc.

It has been a L O N G time since I have been this excited and proud to own something. The last time it was the Zippo and before that it was my first pair of Nike. Anyway... Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold your breathe and your pee, because I present to you 8 posters of awesomeness. Duly bought and framed and to be hung as a badge of snobbery. My personal favorite as you would by now be knowing is Rocky. After the infamous calling my hostel mate gay night of 2nd Jan, 2003, where I lost my Rocky IV poster, I believe this more than makes up for it. I also absolutely love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now the real problem is that these posters are mighty huge and I am not sure which posters are going in which room. But those are just details at the moment. For the time being, I am getting me knob polished by the awesome light being reflected off these beauties...