Monday, 16 March 2009

Ah the golden and olden days are almost back!

You know the best thing about starting to play regularly is the fact that this is probably the only thing which still connects me with who I was in the past. I mean apart from being the moody, psycho dude who nobody wanted to be mess with, mostly because the comeback was far socially embarrassing for all involved, which I believe I still am to a certain extent, I am talking about the part where I used to go play every single day evening from 4 to I don't know till the sun set and after coming back home practice some more. I was vain back then, for me playing a sport was a holistic exercise. I needed to look the part of a top athlete, I needed to play like a top athlete, and for that I needed to psyche myself every single day when I went out to play. An ugly fellow beating the shit out of you in a game was far more embarrassing than from a good looking guy who you gave respect it. It's an ugly truth, but it's the truth anyway you look at it, and I believe that is the reason why Shane Warne has a much larger following than Murlidharan…The reason is simple, Shane Warne is the better looking for the 2, even though both are masters of their game. I mean the examples are infinite, tennis – Steffi Graf and Monica Seles.


 

But somewhere along the line, I stopped playing, I stopped taking care of myself and I imagined that vanity is not really a desirable quality at all, it only makes one superficial in nature. But alas! How far away from the truth was I? Answer, far, far fucking far away. The world is vain, and so is each one of its inhabitants, and I for one was getting punished for not realizing this sooner and letting my body and my spirit suffer. I became Murli/Monica when I should have been Shane/Steffi…


 

So why am I talking shit so early in the bleeding morning, because whilst I was taking shower in cold water after a game of squash which I lost (thank you very much), I suddenly realized that the last time I had taken a cold shower after playing was sometime during my 3rd year of college, after which either I did not take a bath at all after playing or I never played to take a bath. And before 3rd year if I remember correctly I did the cold water shower routine when I was in 5th grade back in Assam, mostly because it was so damn humid down there. But I loved it then, and I love it now…


 

Oh! And guess what? I started to move again, well not as fast as I once used to move (like a cheetah!) but I am getting there, probably in another couple of days I should definitely be there, the stamina has increased, which is good. So, the basic theory that smoking kills your stamina has been proved to be a myth, so Dr. Anbumani Ramdoss can take his dick and shove it up his nostrils. Oh! BTW you guys should get your hands on this month's Maxim Magazine (I read it for the articles…really, give it a try sometime) you will get the joke about the nostrils bit. =)


 

Ps: BTW, just in case you guys wondering about those crazy, psycho babble ridden posts then don't worry I tend to get all melodramatic and write a monologue which would look awesome if delivered on the big screen. :P

5 comments:

Ria said...

where in GM palya are u playing squash?

Zennmaster said...

there is this sports club nearby...

Ria said...

i know that one... i think... is it the famed BGFI?

Zennmaster said...

yes the one and the same...

Ria said...

when do u go there? im there every morning (early tho) on weekdays...and a little later in the mornings on weekends... and i live close by too...

visit me sometime, if u get time off the squash court (kind of stretching the truth calling it a court..bt watever)!