Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Sexual Harassment....

Sexual Harassment

I can now formally say... I understand women much better now. Not that I knew them better before or now for that matter, but I think I can catch their thoughts esp when they are on a bus.

Well here is the story. Was getting back from work early (for once... thank god... I know he still thinks am ugly as a fuck to be working...) anyways, since going by the dastardly attempts at sticking to my budget going out the window cos of me traveling and living life king size while on work... (trust me, it was all warranted, not in a hedonistic way but because the person accompanying me was to be treated no less than a king... of where i prefer to be tight lipped about it... psst: he is my boss...)

So had to take the bus back home... I buy my ticket like the law abiding citizen I am and I am thanking my stars that the bus is reasonably empty enough for me to stand, in such a way I don't have to worry about some guy fainting after smelling my arm-pits... If you haven't realized am like a fish out of water... fish like water i don't like water... fish shit in the same water... I am not going to divulge any more information than its due...

Anyway am looking at myself through my minds eye and am thinking, how many twirls of my now newly wanna be look alike to capt. jack sparrow will need or something of that sort which will most definitely provide the solution to the arms race and growing racial slur (teri-maa-ki-puja-karoon a.k.a Your mother's worship I do!!! and not that kind you perv...) I find something rubbing behind me...

I turn around and I find a tall and meek guy with the kind a look which you normally stereotype the person to be a village bumpkin, but then again your slowly and steadily getting paranoid... And for good reason too...

So you tell the guy nicely, and in all polite terms... "Sir you mind going back a bit, there is a lot of space at the back"... Nods head...

I continue to stand and be lost in the thoughts of nothingness which hits people who have been running around on pure adrenaline and are basically pooped...

And...

I feel it again...

And this time am at my nerves end... I ask him not so politely " What the fuck do you think you are doing? " and he feigns ignorance... Now don't mistake me am all for man making love to another man but make sure that both of them are consenting... and in this case I did not give my fucking consent...

Anyhoo... things are moving "Too fast.. Too furiously..." (another movie name inspired by me) and the next I know the guy is being sent out of the bus, turns out I have broken his nose... (well honestly I would like to have thought that I was screaming "This is SPARTAAAAA!!!!" but it was wokay...)

But coming back to the point... I now understand how women feel grossed out when the conductor squeezes past them... or some guy runs their hands over theirs... Its more of a physically revolting feeling, because you think the other person is despicable and not worth your time, attention blah blah blah...

Though since am writing this down... I am wondering would women be reacting the way they do, if say John Abhrahm or Hrithik Roshan was a perv... or say ShahRukh Khan did something like that guy who got punched... would we have reacted the way we do?

Is it we getting paranoid and hoping for shit to happen... or is it because shit happens we get paranoid?...

Sigh! one more Q to the ever growing list of unanswered Q's....

PS: Play safe!!! Play with consent... (think I just hit gold with this line now... waiting for peope to catch on this line... )

PPS: I got 2 words for myself... "Dream the Fuck On" (the fuck is silent...like how some women like have it... ;) )

5 comments:

A.J said...

Drop Dead Spartan...!!Good post...!!

Woman feels the exact same way you felt when he rubbed his "thing" on your back!! Actually "we" feel more paranoid, more petrified and more pissed than men...atleast you (men) get to turn back and punch him!! Not all "we" (as in woman’s can do so...its even fucked up) Last...we don’t care even if its Wentworth Miller or Ben Afflek or Justin Timberlake (Sigh...!)or even the great Jack Sparrow oh…even the King Leonidas himself (leave alone Hritilks and SRK's & Jonny's) "we" think all the above are "Classicbastards-loser-Morons" who can please shove there "things" to "themselves"..!

"Anything which is compelled on you is SHIT"

Anonymous said...

(homo)sexual harassment.

Pri said...

The reason why John Abraham and the likes look "hot" and "appealing" is cuz we dont know them personally and if they violated me physically, it would feel as creepy as any other guy doing it.

silverine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel said...

When Anita Hill told her story of sexual harassment by Clearance Thomas (now Supreme Court Justice) I did not understand the whole concept of sexual harassment. I mean how could an intelligent woman like her let all those things happen to her without anyone intervening? I understood a few years later when it happened to me at Chase Manhattan Bank.


http://sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/

http://joel031.vox.com/