Thursday, 21 April 2011

Who cares! It's a holiday anyway...


So I was casually talking to one of my friends and this is how I conversation went:

[You can hear me tell you that story OR you can read the approximate transcription of the story]

Listen!

THE TRANSCRIPT
 
Me: So you all dressed for Easter?
She: Maundy Thursday. Easter is on Sunday
Me: What does Maundy mean? Good Friday then?
She: It’s a day of mourning… so not really dressed per say... Will explain later
Me: Isn’t it the day when Jesus died? If yes, then why is it called good Friday? Damn Romans! Just because they invented the calendar…
She: Good Friday cos jesus died for mankind’s sins... Maundy Thursday = Holy Thursday... Last supper etc with his disciples was today
Me: I thought Maundy was like a slang for idiot… you know because I confuse the days of the week… And I seriously think that Good Friday is a joke which the Romans pulled on the rest of the junta
She: we get bread and buns in church… Tomorrow we fast for the whole day and pray and will eat tomorrow night
Me: Why? I am sure the Romans gave food to Jesus… the Geneva convention makes sure of things like this
She: No! Today was the day when he had his last meal… and THAT is why it is called the last supper you idiot…
I love it when people call me an idiot… I don’t know why but it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy… anyway…
She: When he was hung they gave him vinegar to drink?
Me: Why what happened to water? High maintenance or what?
She: They were torturing him you idiot…
Me: That’s cos he was calling him a king…
She: Yeah! And ceasar was king back then… so to torture him they gave him vinegar…
Me: Caesar wasn’t king back then… He had that thing with Cleopatra
She: Then it must be king herod…
Me: Sounds like a bird… or is it a fish…
She: No! I think it was Caesar… don’t confuse me now… plus I am church so fuck off now… will talk to you later… 

Or you can download this story HERE!


ps: I recorded this yesterday. But I am pretending that I recorded it today. Which will explain the dorky pauses. 

pps: BUT I posted it today. So it is all confusing now.

ppps: Welcome to me world!

3 comments:

Futur said...

The title, the content and the final lines makes no sense together. But forgetting all these and reading just the content interested me a lot.. Good one..

ps, pps, ppps stuff -> shall be avoided. you must be intoxicated.

Zennmaster said...

@Futur =| That's all the response I could come up with to be honest.

ps: I am sober

pps: I was not intoxicated when I wrote this

ppps: I will now go and get intoxicated

pppps: Thanks for stopping by though.

glywen9 said...

I thought the actual conversation was here. Bum.