Saturday, 21 February 2009

Dev D’ed Finally!

I am left speechless. Speechless, because I absolutely loved the way the story was told. It was told in a way which I am used to listening to stories and tell them myself. I loved the story because it is a story which will echo with each and everyone who ever had a huge ass crush on anybody and thought that he/she was the one, only to find the dream shatter. The entire journey of emotions, of disillusionment, of hope, of feeling 'I screwed it up', feeling of 'give me one chance to redeem myself', to feeling of 'you know what? Fuck you!'… This is a story of Dev, this is not a story of Paro or Chanda…

The working of Dev's mind is how any person who feels fucked up inside and refuses to listen to others even when he knows he is fucking up his further and further has to echo with everybody who has a stubborn streak of ego. And the only way one is going to realize how futile the entire journey so far has been is some trivial trigger forcing the person to look at the situation from an outside perspective. And this is where Dev is so fucking lucky in finding Paro. Like I was telling you guys, Devdas was never a story about a messed up love triangle. It was a tale of the journey taken by Dev, it always was. He is the main character, the stories of others who get in touch with Dev gets intertwined with Dev's.

The movie left me with that weird feeling of being scandalized and feeling of watching my life, emotions and thoughts played out in some other person's lives. I felt revolted when I found Paro could so easily move on, I felt protective about Chanda, and I felt like I was Dev… very few movies touch that ever elusive chord of that one strange freaky thought which you don't disclose to anybody else because you are scared how your near and dear ones will react if they heard it… Dev D touches it on more than one occasion. I mean like I said, I find it very difficult to write about something which is so close to my life. I am just going to leave this post incomplete…

No comments: