Saturday, 7 April 2007

Army???

Off-late thats been like a weeks time, I have been seriously been giving thought, of joining the army, I mean its a totally different issue that this phase of me seriously joining the army comes in when I (a) Don't have many options in front of me (b) there are jus way too many options i need to do a pros and cons for.

Dad was in the army, and I more or less loved the army lifestyle, it is one which has got no parallels in the civil life. You name it and the army def has it. But that is not one of the concerns which is actually stopping me from joining the army. I mean I know that I can take the physical rigors, all the stays in military hospital and hearing the cadets talk about the ass whooping the got from the subedar major, or the senior, who doesn't like you. And am definitely not afraid of fighting in wars I think they are cool. You are forgetting am still a boy who loves to play with toys, ( ok shut up you perverts).

But what does concern me is the fact that, will I turn into my father? Will I become the alcoholic, abusive father who is not present in any of the things a father usually takes part in. But at the same time, my entire concept of a happy family and me being the picture doesn't exist anymore. Maybe army maybe the happy life I was and still searching for. The family which sticks by me irrespective of come what may, irrespective of who says what.

Somebody was telling me that I would make a good army officer, i got the swearing part all worked out, trust me army men are the most creative abusers you will ever come to know. Followed by the people in Delhi. =)

Well, you know what? Fuck it all. I am joining the army, screw the money, they screw the happy married life, I wanna do something which I always dreamed about... Wearing the uniform, with the shining stars gleaming from my shoulders. But am I really gonna let go of the money, the possible fame and fortune which wait for me in the civil life?

Well I do have time till am 25, till then I am buying some time, figuring out if I wanna fight some boardroom battles or do I wanna fight battles where its just not a verbal duel but with some nice pretty toys which make a racket when i pull the trigger. Though am pretty sure dad is gonna be mighty pissed if and when he comes to hear about this.

6 comments:

Ria said...

two-minded gemini speak...

anyways... from what uve put up here, there's small chance of u becoming like ur father ...guesss u always were..and wil remain his anti-thesis...

:)

Zennmaster said...

like you said there is a chance... small but it does exist... anyway... i got time to answer this Q...

General Disarray said...

The army will need you to do things you will never condone, if there ever is a war - and you will have to do those things for your country, as distasteful and inhuman as they may be.
If you sign up, make sure you do it for your country, not for yourself.
(Yes, I would know, I once went out with an army brat who thinks the best present I gave her was an encyclopedia on army rifles :P)

Zennmaster said...

don like encyclopedias but i sure do love guns... lots of guns... =p

Anonymous said...

Fuck Z. We have to talk. X

Zennmaster said...

relax X... knowing me its jus one of those passing phases where soon i get tired of wearing the same boxers and seeing the same women...